4/12/2014

Breakfast of Champions with Homemade English Muffins

Who doesn't like freshly baked bread, still warm and crunchy for breakfast? After a night out with my girls, I've decided to treat myself to a little homemade brunch on a Saturday morning. Fresh eggs, sunny-side-up, ham and cheese, Turkish coffee, you know, all good things:)

I have been toying with the idea of learning how to bake bread or at least some buns, for a while now and when I came across this recipe, the game was ON! (See the link for the details of the recipe)
 I love to knead dough and then watch it rise. Since I was I child I've had this fascination with the entire process of dough rising. To me, it was like magic. Now, after 20 years, I can say with total confidence that it still hasn't worn off:) And the clay bowl that I am using in this picture, belonged to my grandmother, so it's like she was still with me and I know that whatever I am making, it's going to turn out great.
Cutting rounds with an old vintage glass here and having a ball while doing it:)
Use a vintage glass for that little extra finishing touch,
 you know, the one with a little star at the bottom?
Press the bottom of the glass onto the soon-to-be English muffins, 
so that you end up with a pretty star on top of each:)
Aren't these the prettiest English muffins you've ever seen? :)
Grease the muffins with melted butter. 
Yummy! 
Bake in a preheated oven on 200 C for about 15 minutes.

Cut the English muffins while hot and stuff them with ham and cheese, so that the cheese melts naturally from the heat of the freshly baked dough. Wait for five minutes until it's cooled down and the cheese is now deliciously melted...

...and enjoy!

Bon Appetit!

Love, Teja xoxox


Follow me on:

2 comments :

  1. waaaaaaw! :-D tole pa zgleda super dobro! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala, Mateja št. 1 in št. 2:) Tudi okus je ful dober;)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. I love them:)