The beaches in the Summer of 2013 will be in full swing with the Navajo and other Tribal patterns, so feel free to knock yourself out. Just layer patterns over patterns over patterns. There are no rules and you can't go wrong, which is what makes the summer fashion so fun and easy, so I've made a Summer 2013 shopping list of all the items of clothing and accessories you need to rock those sandy beaches. Are you ready? Let's go, you'll need:
1. A tribal shoulder or across-body bag. This summer is all about hand-woven bags and I fell in love with the Sophie Anderson bags which are a bit pricy, so if you're lucky enough to travel a lot, make sure you get one of these, they cost like nothing in South America or in East Asia (I got mine in Vietnam, am so blogging about it in the next post!). If you don't, ask your worldly friends to bring you one. If this is not an option, you can still get good finds on flea markets, garage sales, thrift shops and so on. Just get your hands on a tribal bag, this stuff is hot!
2. Hotpants with really high waist and a really slutty cut:)
3. An over-sized tee, tunic or kaftan to match the slutty hotpants:) Do mix over-sized things with skinny ones. You're walking that thin line between sexy and scandalous and it feels good;)
4. Cable-knitted, loose-knitted, square-knitted, whatever the pattern is, a knitted sweater is a must-have. I adore the Marc Jacobs one above.
5. Stacks upon stacks upon stacks of bracelets. On both hands. Charm bracelets, macrame, buckle bracelets, bracelet bangles, vintage bracelets, beaded bracelets, neon bracelets - wear them, love them! I adore the Lizzie Fortunato Jewelry (above)
6. Flip-flops on the beach? Not this summer! It's all about moccasins and loafers. I fell in love with the Givenchy number above. Gorgeous!
So, there you have it. I hope you found this post helpful. Let me know;)