6/23/2014

The Cherry and Peach and Marzipan Crostata



Mind you, this is a variation to the original cherry crostata recipe I had found here. The crostata is surprisingly easy to make, but I would personally make a few minor improvements to the original recipe.


Firstly, the recipe says to refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and I was like ''yay, only 30 minutes!'' when the truth is that the dough needs to rest in the fridge for a good hour, two, if you don't mind the waiting because it needs to be firm enough. Trust me, rolling ooey gooey pastry is not fun. I speak from experience. 
Secondly, I have to say that I found the dough in this recipe to be a bit too bland, I am definitely adding more sugar, cinnamon and maybe even an egg next time, what the heck, let's go crazy. Luckily, there are plenty variations of crostatas you can play with, which to me, is the whole point of baking: to play and have fun. And then eat and not care about the calories:)
What I like about this crostata is the combination of the crispiness of the dough 
and the juiciness of the fruit. I can't wait to bake another one, I was having a ball!

Love,

Teja xoxo

Follow me on:

Facebook / Instagram / Bloglovin / Polyvore / Twitter



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love them:)