11/05/2014

The French Interiors

I thought about it for a long time and decided to write a post about the French interiors that I saw in Paris, it's where I draw my inspiration from and I really wanted to share this with you. I love pouring over pages of interior design magazines, such as Art & Decoration, HOME, ELLE Decor, etc. It gives me so many ideas on how to decorate my own apartment, which is a total work in progress, after almost two years, my books are still on the floor of my living room. Oh well... 

Our home reflects our state of mind; how we perceive the world and how we see ourselves in it; and I honestly believe that every apartment, even the smallest, dingiest, one-bedroom apartment has the potential to be turned into a welcoming warm nest. How? Follow these simple steps.
 1. Go crazy with a bold color, such as red, on the walls, and then tone all the pieces of furniture down with whites, beiges, silvers, etc. (The sheep are optional:)



 2. Decorate the room mostly in nudes but with occasional pops of color, such as reds, oranges or browns. If you like patterns, go easy on them (a little patterned carpet here or a vase there...)
 3. Have a big statement piece such as this Asian chest of drawers as a focal point of the room. Tone all other furniture down by sticking to classic contemporary pieces.
 4.Go for clean and simple with this art deco chair and desk. Since this is a very simplistic style, you can choose a slightly bolder wallpaper design, I am loving the one by Bradbury & Bradbury.
 5. Go for the eclectic warm mix of vintage and contemporary pieces of furniture, the ''it'' trend right now and my personal favorite:)

Hope you enjoyed this post and I promise to blog more often now:)

Love,

Tejaxoxo

Follow me on:

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love them:)