5/27/2014

TUTORIAL: How to Display your Jewelry

I love my jewelry, I've been loving it since I was about 13. Being a teenager in the 90s, with the whole grunge thing going on, I was actually into more ethnic stuff, with some elements borrowed from grunge, like... the rings. I remember having my fingers seriously blinged out, even for school; one teacher even commented: ''Teja, do you really need so many rings on your fingers?'' And my answer was: ''Hell, yeah, Miss!'' Well, I didn't actually say it into my teacher's face, because my parents would have killed me, but... I totally thought it!

Then, in my late teens, my ring period came to its natural end and after that I remember being seriously into earrings. The dangling ones. So much that one of my classmates asked me how many pairs of earrings I actually had. ''Seriously, Teja, how many? Like, forty?'' she'd ask.

''Seriously? Like, I don't know, okay?!'' Who keeps count of these things? It's not like they were  made of gold or diamonds or anything. They were ordinary bijoux earrings... and I think it's pretty safe to say, even though over the years, I had given like a half of them away to my friends, I still haven't got a damn clue just how many pairs of earrings I still have. Definitely less than in high school.

Now, in my late twenties, after outgrowing my dangling earrings period and developing a slight allergy to my beloved bijoux earrings (I'm going to miss you guys *sniff*), I only wear stud earrings made of either silver or gold. It's so strange, I feel more grown up and all of a sudden the feeling of having something dangling from my ears, which is by the way something I used to love, does not feel so great and awesome anymore. They bother me now.

Now, it's safe to say that I'm into necklaces. All kinds:)

Having said all that, you can only guess how much bling I've accumulated over the last 15 years. My answer is: I have no idea. I mean being the accessory addict that I used to be, my friends would also buy me bijoux jewelry for birthdays and stuff, so I finally had to ask them to stop because I seriously seriously had too much jewelry on my hands.


Necessity is the mother of invention they say and having one too many pieces of jewelry, I had developed several clever strategies of displaying all my bling bling in a fresh and interesting way. I hope you like it.
This is without a doubt one of the most original ways of displaying your bling: 
find an old crystal dish or a bowl and 
sprinkle as many petals from your favorite flower as you possibly can. 
Put some bling on top and: voila! 
I've actually picked up this trick while visiting an art fair.
 I remember two girls selling rings in a plain box filled with rice.
 I thought I'd upgrade it with crystal:) 
This was originally a decoration piece thought to simply hand on a wall, like a painting, 
and I thought to myself: why not create an earring stand?
Look what I found among my grandma's stuff: it's an old crystal snack plate, 
dating probably back to 1960s.
And I thought to myself: Why not display my everyday jewelry in it?

Love,

Teja xoxo

Follow me on:

Facebook / Instagram / Bloglovin / Polyvore / Twitter

4 comments :

  1. All persons like a woman, a man and child love jewelry and they wants to wear it always anytime, anywhere. Females are always wear a ring and earrings and it’s doesn’t matter that they are in an office or other places. In this time silver and gold stud earrings are more famous and more prefer by females.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that stud earrings are definitely more discreet since they go with everything and you can pull them off with any office dress code:) Gorgeous bling, by the way:)

      Delete
  2. Super ideja s tole posodico! Tudi sama sem si nekaj podobnega sposodila od babice. Še dobro, da so včasih imeli tako čudovite in uporabne stvari =)
    visit me http://cherryfashion-k.blogspot.com/

    xx
    K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ampak samo včasih, zdaj je narejeno bolj tako tako, vse bolj opažam, da če hočeš imeti nekaj ''orenk'', da je treba iti na bolšjaka:)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. I love them:)