This chocolate cake is, take my word for it, the best cake in the world! I just can't get enough of it. And it's so easy to make! All my friends and family are always hungry for more:)
Luckily it's very filling, so you don't need to cut very large pieces;)
-cocoa powder, to dust
-125 g of butter
-375 g of high quality dark chocolate
-a cup of brown sugar (I actually used white and only half and it's just as good)
-1/4 cup of almond flour (if you don't have it, it's okay to use plain white flour)
-2 tbs of milk
-1/4 cup of single cream
-baking pan with removable bottom
1. First, using a pastry brush or paper towel, brush softened butter evenly over the bottom of the pan, being careful not to leave any uncoated, shiny spots. Because this cake is very thick and fudgy, stick pieces of baking paper on the buttered edges of the baking pan like this:
3. Add two drops of vanilla essence, or more, depending on how strong it is, add the milk, the single cream, the sugar and the flour. Stir until smooth.
4. Wait till the batter cools down a bit, then add the eggs. Stir until smooth.
5. Bake for 40 minutes on 180 degrees Celsius.
6. Wail till it cools down. Cover with silver foil and refrigerate for 2 hours.
7. Dust generously with cocoa powder.
TIP: Dip the knife into hot water before cutting this cake as it is very sticky!
Bon appetit, everybody!