I've tried out this recipe yesterday evening with a friend and it turned out to be one of the most delicious things we have ever baked together. I highly recommend this recipe when you've really run out of all ideas and you're tired of meat-and-potatoes or pasta or salad-only meals. This quiche easily feeds four to six people, so make sure that you invite friends over for dinner:)
300 g flour
200 g softened butter
1 tsp salt
2 tablespoons butter
1 small sliced leek
50 g blue cheese
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
80 -100 g ordinary cheese, can be Swiss
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
200 ml heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the ingredients for the crust in a large bowl by hand until you have a smooth dough. Form the dough into a ball and wrap in a silver foil. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 230 degrees Celsius (450 F).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a big circle. Fit into fluted tart pan with a removable bottom and trim the edges.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat and saute the leeks until tender. Spread evenly over the bottom of the pie crust.
- Beat together the eggs and heavy cream in a large bowl. Add the blue cheese, Parmesan and Swiss cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Spread over the leeks.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the heat to 165 degrees Celsius (325 F) and continue baking for 30 minutes, until the crust is lightly browned and a knife inserted in the center of the quiche comes out clean.